Use Due Date Pregnancy and Labour Massage Oil from 34 weeks on.
Why Massage in PREGNANCY and LABOUR?
By massaging in pregnancy and labour partners can give active physical and emotional support.
Read the case study on pregnancy and labour massage. Massage during pregnancy is amazingly beneficial:
- Make pregnancy and labour experience more comfortable, giving the mother confidence.
- Massage during labour can reduce the level of pain relief needed and relaxation can help shorten your labour.
- Babies can benefit in their growth and development when anxieties in pregnancy are reduced using aromatherapy massage.
- Findings have shown if mums-to-be are massaged by their partners they are both less likely to get anti natal depression.
This luxurious pregnancy and labour massage oil blend of omega rich oils has an amazing warm citrusy scent. Citrus to revitalise and refresh and chamomile to soothe tired over-worked muscles.
Soothing and comforting to the emotions and promotes peaceful sleep.
Fragrances to revitalise and refresh body and mind. Soothes over worked muscles and supports a more natural approach to childbirth. Calming for overheated, irritated and problem skin.
Why do you need to reduce stress and anxiety during pregnancy?
Read our Blog Post Stress when Pregnant! Helpful expert advice for you
During the last trimester is when many of the neurological pathways are being laid down in your unborn baby. For some mums stress and anxiety can have a negative effect. The production of the stress hormone cortisol can interrupt some of the normal neurological pathways being activated.
Keeping stress and anxiety, as low as possible is really important during pregnancy. Massage is a great way to do this.
It has a further benefit of making your partner part of the pregnancy at a time when your whole focus is on your baby and he can feel isolated.
In the labour ward your partner can help you relax by a loving caring massage. By supporting you there is evidence that this relaxation can shorten labour and reduce the level of pain relief needed.
It has been shown that massage during pregnancy and labour can reduce the levels of postnatal depression for both of you.
Benefits of massage in Pregnancy and Labour
A “How to massage in Pregnancy and labour” with Motherlylove Due Date Pregnancy & Labour Massage Oil available from Motherlylove.
- Soothing and comforting – reducing anxieties.
- Improves circulation – stimulates removal of toxins.
- Reduces muscular discomfort, tension and fatigue.
- Promotes peaceful and restful sleep to revitalise you.
- Gives active physical, loving and caring encouragement.
- Fragrances – Essential oils to revitalise, refresh body and mind.
- Shorten your labour – relaxation during labour – regulates your breathing, helping to keep your unborn baby calm.
- Pain relief – the use of pressure points (shown in “How to Massage”) and relaxation can reduce the level of pain during labour – stimulates natural pain killers – endorphins.
- Postnatal Depression – When mums are massaged by their partners, they are both less likely to be depressed.
Hand and arm Massage for relaxation
Due Date Pregnancy and Labour can also be used to do a relaxing hand and arm massage check out our blog here.
Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) kernel oil, Adansonia Digitata (Baobab) seed oil, Aleurites Moluccana (Kukui) seed oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E acetate), Citrus Noblis (Mandarin orange) oil, Anthemis Nobilis (Roman chamomile) oil, Limonene*, Linalool*
*Naturally found in essential oils.
All Motherlylove products have been formulated and blended by our Founder Jan —a qualified midwife and aromatherapist— to be safe and effective for mother and her unborn baby.
All our products are free from:
- Mineral oil
- Synthetic fragrances & colours